Saturday, October 2, 2010

Crush Lime Review


A week or two ago I got a Crush Lime. I had seen it online and finally found it locally. Now, I enjoy just about anything lime flavored. So I decided to give this a try.

Color and Packaging: Green. Bright green. It has the same style Crush logo and the orange on top, but the orange has a green edge on it. Why the fruit on it isn't all green I'm not sure, except to show that it is Crush. The green label matches the color of the drink very well. The soda itself is a very bright green. The label indicates that it is caffeine free, which is expected with Crush. I've not known many straight up lime sodas to actually include caffeine.

Taste: Upon first sipping the soda it is very limey. It kind of wavered after a bit, and tasted more like Jell-O as it went along (not that lime Jell-O is a bad thing, I quite enjoy it.) It did have a sort of tart finish to it, more acidic and citrus-y than some lime sodas that have a sweeter aftertaste. It is good that it is not so syrupy as other sodas I have tried.

All in all this is a good soda. I will give it 4 1/2 "stars" only because the tartness of the aftertaste was a little more than expected, but not being syrupy made it better. It is a refreshing soda, only around for a short time. I would recommend trying it before it disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment