Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TOMIC

Energy always seems to mean something is exploding. So what better way to represent that than with an atomic grenade?

Packaging: 
Tomic Energy Shot comes in a short, slightly rounded bottle, with a stylized grenade design in green. The logo is the "atomic" warning symbol. The bottle is mainly green with silver and yellow writing on it.

Taste: 
The first thing I noticed upon opening the bottle was the fruit smell. It is almost like a fruit tree in bloom with a bit of an overpowering floral essence to it. The flavor is almost like an apple/pear/citrus/passion fruit combination. I can not quite place it, but it is different than most drinks I have tried. Maybe there is a bit of pomegranate flavor to it. It is sweetened with sucralose, so it has a bit of the really-sweet without the sugar kind of feel to it. I would suggest eating something with it because it is loaded with Vitamin B.

Energy: 
I could notice about 20 minutes after downing the bottle that I was already getting energized from this. The energy you get from this is really quick and strong. The energy blend does not tell how much caffeine is actually in the drink, but says that the blend as a whole is 1870mg. Aside from caffeine it also contains Taurine, Malic Acid, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, Glucuronolactone, Citicoline. It provides a strong amount of energy and assists with focus. I got a few hours of energy from this, so it works well for the long haul. It only has 5 calories and 0 sugar, so it is great for people with a desk job that need a pick-me-up in the middle of the work day, without all the sugar and carbs in normal energy drinks that can pack on the pounds while you sit there typing away.

Overall Impression: 
I love the results, but am personally a bit iffy on the flavor. It gives a great energy kick. It is good, but I would really like to see improvement on the flavor to make it more fruit like and less blossom like. I am going to have to give this a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment