Wednesday, December 8, 2010

.50 Cal Energy Shot

OK, so I like themed drinks. Especially when they are energy shots in bullet/explosive themed bottles. To me, this never gets old. Hard8's new .50 Cal Energy Shot is no exception. Does it deliver the power of a .50 caliber bullet? Keep reading to find out.


Packaging: I love that Hard8 has bottled their beverages in aluminum bottles. This one is no different. It comes in a sturdy 2.4oz aluminum bottle. The major plus about this is that the cap is fitted with a top that makes it look like a .50 cal bullet. I really enjoy the theme of the bottle. The front of the bottle has a military font declaring .50 Cal Energy. Emblazoned across the bottom of the logo is an American flag and the flavor - Pomegranate Blueberry Warrior Blend.

Taste: This drink has a very smooth berry flavor. The pomegranate and blueberry is not overpoweringly fruity. The drink is sweet but not syrupy. I really like the flavor. It is very drinkable and light. It is sweetened with sugar and Sucralose but there is no artificial aftertaste. I would have to say that this drink hits the mark when it comes to flavor.

Energy: I was up earlier than normal today for some errands and I drank this as I was heading out the door. The energy I got from this was swift and long lasting. I made it through the early part of the afternoon, about 5 hours or so on the energy from this. I am not a morning person so I am usually only hitting my stride by mid-afternoon, and this was great for getting through the a.m. It has 120mg of Caffeine in it, so it really keeps you going. I was not jittery from it either. I was simply awake, and focused. This has a lot of B3, B5, B6, and B12 vitamins in it which are great for focus.

Overall Impression: I have never really been a huge fan of berry/fruit flavored beverages, but this is one of those drinks that is winning me over to the fruit flavored side. Hard8 has done a stellar job on the flavor of this drink. It is so smooth I was kind of sad it was only a energy shot, but it will definitely keep people coming back for more. That plus the energy it brings will make this a competitor with the popular brands. I am going to give this a 10/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment