Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Molotov Explosive Energy - Tamarindo

Tamarind. I think I've only ever had one or two things that were tamarind flavored. I recently saw an old episode of Julia Child where a guest chef used Tamarind in the recipe. I had no idea that it was a type of date. Now I like dates. Especially the ones in chunks covered in powdered sugar. The tamarind has a little different flavor than that. Short history lesson: The tamarind is originally from near the Sudan in Africa. It has made its way around the globe to where it is now popular as a flavor in Mexico and other tropical countries. This goes back to the Hispanic influence that Molotov has.

Packaging: This can comes in a almost bronze colored can. It is a metallic medium dark brown, similar to the color of the tamarind fruit.

Taste: The flavor is a combination of fruity and earthy. It is quite sweet, but also sort of tangy. There is a bit of a molasses flavor to it, but that is more the flavor of the tamarind, being a sweet fruit in general. It is also sweetened with sugar, so it is a little syrupy, but not any more than other energy drinks, or even some regular soft drinks. I really liked the flavor. It is different, which is refreshing. Again, this is going to be a more recognized flavor with the Hispanic culture.

Energy: I got a good few hours of energy out of this. I drank it around 2 in the afternoon and was still quite awake by bedtime. It was a good energy boost, not extremely jittery, but just a little. Like the Molotov Mango that I reviewed earlier, the label does not list the specific amounts of ingredients in the energy blend. We just know it has a total of 1100mg of the various ingredients: Caffeine, Taurine, D-Glucuronolactone, L-Carnitine, Inositol, and Guarana.

Overall Impression: I really enjoyed the flavor of this. The energy was good. It lasted a long time. I liked it and would recommend it. I enjoy the difference in cultural flavor. They are also charitable in their giving a portion of the proceeds to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund. I am giving this a 9/10.

Find Them on the Web: http://www.molotov-energy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment