Tuesday, December 7, 2010

NERD - The Focus & Energy Beverage

I've been told I'm a geek. I've also been told I'm a nerd. Both of these, for me, are complements because I enjoy technology and learning new things. So when I discovered NERD - The Focus & Energy Beverage, I was pretty excited.

Packaging: The can is a sleek black with NERD across the front with a piece that looks peeled away to reveal a brain in the bubbly liquid, symbolizing the brain power you get from the beverage. It is very simply colored - black background and white/silver and green or blue highlights depending on which flavor you have. I had the green can for my review. The supplement facts are to one side of the can. On the other are descriptions of the things in NERD that make it different from other energy drinks.

Taste: I really like the flavor of this. As I said I had the kind in the green highlighted can. They also have a blue can, which I have not tried. This flavor is something like a blue-raspberry/fruit punch. It is sweet, but not too syrupy. I was reminded of some candy from my childhood, though I cannot remember what it was to be able to describe it better.

Energy: This beverage provides both mental and what I like to call "awake" energy. In the supplemental fact we find that NERD has 100% of the four most common B-vitamins. The energy blend contains Taurine - 1000mg, Caffeine - 80mg, Glucuronalactone - 600mg, Guarana Seed Extract - 25mg, Inositol - 25mg, L-Carnitine - 15mg, Ginseng Panax Extract - 25mg. The Focus, Concnetration, Memory formula contains a 250mg blend of Vinpocetine, Huperzine A, DMAE, and Chinese Ginko Biloba. Each ones function is described on the back of the can. When I tried it I was pretty tired from not sleeping much the night before. I found that I was more mentally alert, but was not quite over being tired. It did not make me jittery at all. The mental energy was calm and helped me focus while working on computer troubleshooting for a few hours. The energy from it was not quite what I had expected but was a calm energy.

Overall Impression: Although I did not get as much energy for being awake and alert as I would have liked, I got a good amount of mental energy from it, which is more what it is geared toward. The flavor is great. It does not taste like an energy drink. I am going to give this a 9/10 because it delivers on the mental energy and the flavor is great.

Find Them on the Web: http://nerdbeverage.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment