Thursday, December 16, 2010

GEnergy Shot

My favorite experience with Green Tea was the traditional Japanese tea ceremony I attended at the Japanese Friendship Garden in San Diego. However, I have had many different kinds of green tea, brewed from a tea bag or loose leaf, with other flavors, including in other energy drinks. But today I am writing about the GEnergy Shot, a green tea energy shot.

Packaging: This, like the last two beverages I tried from Hard8, comes in an aluminum 2.4 oz bottle. The sealed plastic on the lid does not fit down below the plastic cap so it is hard to tell if it has been opened or not. The label is the same clear sticker with the art on it. I like the way it highlights the letters with the metal underneath instead of being painted straight on the aluminum. Below the logo and on the side of the bottle we are informed that this drink has Ginseng, Green Tea, and Ginkgo in it.

Taste: The flavor of this drink was strong, like a strong tea. It was a little bitter to my taste, but that can be expected with green tea that is not overly sweetened. If you have had matcha, the green tea powder that is traditional in Japan, you know how bitter green tea can be (which is why it is traditionally served with a hard sugar candy prior to drinking it). So while the drink is somewhat bitter, it also has a sweet aspect, since it has real sugar and also sucralose in it. It is not overly bitter, or overly sweet though, which is a good balance.

Energy: The energy return on this beverage definitely makes it worthwhile. I was energized for a few hours after drinking this. I was running some errands during the day and it got me through that quite nicely. I did not crash at the end of it really. This drink also has 120mg of caffeine. The energy blend contains Green Tea Extract, Ginseng Extract, Ginkgo Bilboa, Taurine, Guarana Extract, Carnitine, Glucuronolacrone, and Glutamine. There are also a lot of the B-Vitamins in it, which help, along with the Ginkgo with mental energy, focus and memory.

Overall Impression: Overall, this provided some really good energy. I am going to give this a 9/10. It is a really good drink and has promise on the market.




No comments:

Post a Comment