Friday, February 4, 2011

Vuka Awaken


This is the first of four Vuka Intelligent Energy drinks that I have tried. Each one has its purpose in your day to day life.

Packaging:
Vuka comes in an aluminum container with a screw on lid. There is even this nifty little plastic part that is on top of the bottle so the metal lid does not connect with the metal bottle, reducing wear and tear on the bottle, and keeping it from leaking like most metal lids to metal bottles do. I will admit that the bottle is one of the things that caught my eye about Vuka. They are shiny aluminum, with the color and type printed directly onto the surface. The Vuka sun design is slick and clean.


Awaken comes in a bright orange bottle. On the back we see a description of the beverage, as well as the ingredients and nutrition facts.

Taste:
Awaken is 50% juice, and while it is overwhelmingly orange, it also has white grape, apple and pear juice. When I opened it there was a refreshing scent of orange. The flavor is just as crisp and refreshing. It does not taste like an energy drink like some other juice/energy drinks out there. The drink itself is a nice opaque orange color so it looks like juice. It is not carbonated at all, so coming straight out of the fridge it is like drinking regular juice.  I really enjoyed the flavor and texture of the drink.

Energy:
It does what it is named. It awakens you for your whole day. I literally was going from morning until evening on this. I decided to forgo coffee in the morning and just grabbed this. I had a high amount of energy, without being jittery, all the way into the late afternoon/early evening. When you drink this you will definitely be awake for your day. It has 160mg of caffeine per serving, which there are two servings in a bottle, but it also has a lot of vitamins, Ginseng Root Extract, White Tea Polyphenols, and Grape Seed Extract which

Overall Impression:
I really enjoyed this flavor, and the energy I got from it. I love the packaging. It is recyclable or reusable. Wash it out and make it a water bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment