Friday, November 12, 2010

12 Gauge Energy Shot

*UPDATE* DISCOUNT CODE: Nora1 will get you here a $5 discount per case! Head
over to the 12guage site and get your case today!




I really enjoy themed energy drinks. This is one that I saw on fellow caffeine reviewer Caffeine-a-holic's site (huge props to him since his site inspired me to do what I wanted to do for ages and start my blog here).

Packaging: This is what will sell this energy shot. I absolutely love that the packaging is designed to look like a 12 gauge shotgun shell (I like how it looks turned upside down on the cap too, like when you sit a real shell on a table). You can buy them in  The front of the label has the 12 Gauge logo with a pellet spray pattern, the flavor "Kick Ass Cola", and tag line "Kills Fatigue". The top of the plastic wrapped on the lid before you open it has some recipes written on it with how you can mix it with another cola or alcoholic beverages.

Taste: This drink definitely has a kick to the flavor. It did not strike me as cola like to begin with, it has an almost cherry like start to it, but definitely finishes as a cola. It is sweetened with sucralose, which I could taste, but was not bothered by it. It has zero calories/fat/sodium/carbs so there is no reason to feel guilty shooting straight, or if you are over 21, adding it to your favorite alcoholic beverage.

Energy: While the label does not tell how much caffeine is included in it, this drink contains four different B vitamins, which are superb in boosting your mental performance. I got up this morning ready to go back to sleep, popped one of these open and a little less than half an hour later I was wide awake both mentally and physically (which if you know me, that is hard to accomplish!) I felt energized throughout the brunt of today. It's been about 7 hours since I drank it and I have not felt like crashing, or dealt with the mid-afternoon drowsiness that usually comes on after lunch time.

Overall Impression: This is an exceptional energy drink shot. The packaging is unique enough to grab people's attention so they will try it. The flavor and energy provided is enough to keep them coming back for more.

Find them on the Web: http://www.12gaugeenergy.com/index.htm

*UPDATE* DISCOUNT CODE: Nora1 will get you here a $5 discount per case! Head over to the 12guage site and get your case today!

No comments:

Post a Comment