Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Molotov Explosive Energy - Mango

I really did not have an intro prepared for this one. I was going to say something about the Molotov Cocktail winning wars in history (Finland vs Soviets) but could not find a good way to word anything. I am a bit under the weather since late Sunday/early Monday morning, so I am just going to jump into this review. I tried the Mango Molotov over the weekend, prior to all this congestion. I've been busy with holiday prep, which is why I'm a little over due on the reviews.

Packaging: The first thing I noticed about the can was the Molotov Cocktail art. The fist that is holding up the bottle with a flaming wick below the textured "Molotov Explosive Energy". The lettering and name of the drink has a Russian influence, note the star on the O in Molotov, but the drink is decidedly Hispanic in flavor influences. On the side of the can with the nutrition information is a red square informing you that a portion of the proceeds benefits the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.

Taste: The flavor is a very crisp mango. It finishes like biting into a not-quite-ripe peach. Not a bad taste, but the tartness of it is what made me think of a peach. It is sweetened with sucrose and glucose, also known as table sugar and dextrose (grape sugar). I was glad that it was not artificially sweetened, or sweetened with HFCS. This did give it a syrupy sweet finish, but not overwhelmingly so.

Energy: I had a good bit of energy from this for about half the day. I did not notice a sugar crash at the end of the energy either. If there was, it was not enough to notice. The mental energy was mild. It has 100% of the usual B-Vitamins (Riboflavin, Niacin, B6, B12). It contains 1000mg of Taurine, 200mg of Panax Gensing, and 2500mg of their Energy Blend. The amounts of individual ingredients in the energy blend are not listed, but the ingredients are: L-Carnatine, Glucose, Caffeine, Guarana, Inositol, Glucuronolactone, and Maltodextrin.

Overall Impression: I really enjoyed this drink. It has a great Mango flavor and gives a good boost of energy. I am going to give this a 10/10 because of its drinkability, and prolonged energy.

Find Them on the Web: http://www.molotov-energy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment